Friday, May 14, 2010

Mexican Lasagne

1 lb more or less hamburger. Brown hamburger in pan with 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 onion chopped up. When Hamburger is brown add 1 small can of refried beans (I mix a little water with them) and 1 can Rotel tomato with green chili sauce, and 1 small can chopped ortega chilies. Also 1 small can of El Pato tomato sauce. Also add 1 small can of sliced olives. Mix it up good. Now put 3 med flour tortilla's on bottom of 9x13 pan. Then cover with meat mixture. Also put a handful of cheese and sliced green onions. Then add another 3 flour tortilla's and put more mixture etc. on them. Do this until you use up all of the mixture and cheese and green onions.
If you are making for a big crowd use a big can of Ortega refried beans. When hamburger is cooking add some Natures Seasoning, Mexican Oregano and a package of Sazon Goya.
Bake in the oven 350 degrees until chesse melts and it is warm. When I fix this I serve Mission tortilla chips and lettuce, tomatoes and onions on top of it.
Try this...it is sooooooo good.
Submitted by Linda Sumner

9 comments:

  1. Nice, I am going to try this one. Mom, I must ask, are you holding back the normal 10%Debbie withholding? You had better not. :) James

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks linda, we will try it soon.
    jack and janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Sazon Goya and where do I find it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I first got to get it in TX when I went back there and then when I ran out I called the number on the box and had the man send it to me with a few other things and now I find it in my Wal-mart. It is only $1.something and add flavors to beans, taco meat and all things mexican. If you can't find it i will send you the phone #.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone tried it yet.. It is really good. It is a fast meal to make. yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought all the ingredients except the mexican spice but have not got around to making it yet...
    It does sound good!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to try this one on Friday night in Utah. It sounded great. Mom, do you spread out the tortilla shells or stack them 1-2-3 and then put the mixture on top??? I am assuming you spread them out. Let me know. I want to make it the same way you do. Jamey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just overlap the flour tortilla. I don't stack them. I think i want deviled egg and this for dinner.

    ReplyDelete