Thursday, May 27, 2010

On the road again

I hate to be the next post. Aunt Susy, your flowers were beautiful. I particularly like the color they brought to the blog. Anyway, here I go again, on the road back to Utah. I may have to look for one of those blowup pillows you suggested. Currently, I am thinking it is a good idea to get my big rig drivers license. I can take a load back to Utah ever other week. Might as well make money on the trip if I am driving anyway.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Lets each take this weekend to post something we remember about a loved one that has past on. Mom, you have a special assignment. Your post needs to have a picture. I need to keep you practicing loading pics-I do not want to have to find a body of water to drown myself. LOL Actually, you have been doing great. Even Aunt Dina was impressed with all your uploaded pictures. When you get something. you really get it.

I had better stop posting while driving, especially when it is raining. Love you all, Jamey

6 comments:

  1. Jamey: With the advent of FB I'm sure more of us are comfortable using the computer for social inter-action with one and another. I think maybe you should re-issue invitation to join this blog again to one and all and maybe we can start getting daily postings from family far and close by.
    Would be fun to kind of use it for personal journals and keep up on what's happening with our family. What do you think? Aunt Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dad!!! He had such a great personality and sense of humor. So quick witted and able to respond with a joke in any situation before you could blink. Thinking back thru the years one thing that keeps popping out is the fact that he never tried to interfer in our lives - well almost never. Do remember a time or two he stepped in with some boyfriends who later became SIL... Of course mom did keep him in line! They both are missed very much - so often I head for the phone with a cooking question or "do you remember" question and think opps can't do that anymore. We were very lucky to have them both for as long as we did. It is fun to reminisce with our kids about Grandma & Grandpa and all the fond memories we all have of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mom, how are you all doing? Fine I hope. I am down in Chico at Deb and Ricks. I cleaned a house after work and was in the neighborhood so they invited me over for dinner. All your recipes sound very good. We are making rib eye steak, bbq zucc with your secret sauce, scallopped potatoes and bread garlic sticks, deb said something about holding out 10%. What does that mean? OMGOSH that sounds like alot. But I haven't been over here in a long time and
    debbie cooks so good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So far Jake is doing good on the human insulin. Dinner was fabulous. Aunt Dena says you should sell your jewelry on line but I forgot the name of the site.You should ask her about it. I'm sure you'd sell alot. It's all hand made stuff. love Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Dina, thanks for taking the challenge and posting your comments about grandma and grandpa. I am sure many of us felt the same. I will both post anew and send an open invitation to everyone, tomorrow. James

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still wish there was a way we could be notified when there's a new posting. I view a lot of different blogs and several have that option. So nice to be able to go directly to a particuliar blog and see what new comments have been made. Thanks
    for sending invitation again... Aunt Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember how dad would spell a word that wasn't the correct way and it would confuse me. Like tuff and what ever and I thought that was the way to spell it and he was just doing it as a joke. I still don't know what was the real story on the dead body he said was in the house we went in, Virginia NV. He did look like it really happened. we stayed downstairs and shoud have went upstairs when he did.

    ReplyDelete