Friday, February 20, 2009

Recipe-Quickie Cream of Potato Soup

First recipe for the Thomas Blog! "Quickie Cream of Potato Soup For a Cold, Wintry day"

Serves 2-4 (depending on how piggy they are)

While you are microwaving the first of 2 medium to large potatoes, sauté (I used the sauce pan I was going to cook soup in) 1/2 cup each 3/4" sliced celery and diced onion in butter. Add favorite spices, I used dill, Pico De Gallo Con Limon, lemon pepper, house seasoning (Google it) and whatever I could reach in cabinet (I'm short). While nuking the second potato open 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (guess you could use Cream of Celery instead. I prefer mushroom myself) add just one can of milk to sauce pan mixture. I cut up the potatoes in cubes, squishing about half of one potato, and added to sauce pan mixture. Bring to a low boil, turn down and let simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes, yummy!!

I have added chunks of chicken and/or fresh sautéed mushrooms. Go crazy throw some shrimp in it!

Submitted by Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment