Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Paternal Grandma, Helen Cuddy Jordan

I remember hearing this story many, many years ago. When Grandma Helen and Pappy lived in Los Angeles, sometime around the 50's she had gone to the local liquor store (no 7-11's in those days). Not necessarily for liquor, probably cigarettes. At some point during her visit there, a thief wanna be tried to get her purse and also hold up the store. She got so mad she started hitting him over the head with her purse and he finally just ran away. Now, I would really like to believe this to be true, so if there is another version...wellllll, I think mine is better!
Posted by Joyce

4 comments:

  1. Obviously we all come from good "feisty" stock. I am proud of Great Grandma Cuddy.
    Posted by James Hubard-Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ...love that story...I never heard it before or if I did I forgot. Knowing Grandma Helen I know it is true:)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that certainly explains why none of the women in this family are shy little wallflowers...I'd be afraid of us if I wasn't one of us...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, how right you are. I loved your comment. Jamey-Utah

    ReplyDelete