Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Linda's Famous "Spaghetti Recipe"

OK Everyone. Finally, here it is, my mother's spaghetti recipe. We were trying to see if we could find a picture--no such luck. If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it. Bon Appétit! James-Utah

Spaghetti Recipe
1 pound of dry spaghetti- cook as directed on package
1/4 bell pepper chopped small- can use more or less if you want to
approx. 5 green onions (chopped with green part)
1 small can of sliced olives
1/4 cucumber sliced and then cut in half
1 tomato, cut in small pieces
1 stalk of celery cut up small
1 envelope of Good Seasoning Italian dressing, made as directed on package. I have made it in a hurry and used the dressing from a bottle you buy from the store but I like the Good Seasoning better

Make the dressing first and put it in the refrigerator to help it mix. Cook spaghetti and rinse in cold water. Cut up all of the other ingred. and put all in bowl and mix. Add just enough dressing to cover. Right before serving check dressing and add more if need. I usually need to add more as the spaghetti sucks it up. don't add to much dressing as you just want to flavor it not let it swim in it. I you want to add more or less or the veggies you can do so.

Submitted by Linda Sumner

5 comments:

  1. I got this recipe from Linda years ago and I take it to all potlucks..I hardly ever bring any home. Sometimes I even get reguest for it.
    Try it.....you'll like it. I have always used the bottle of Italian dressing but next time I will try to envelope of Good Seasoning Italian dressing.
    Happy cooking:)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Linda's recipe had adding 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and 1 tbsp. oil to the spag. as it cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would venture to say she held out 10%. I can tell by the way she posted it so timely. Lol. Oh Ma, this receipe is your signature. Everyone loves it! Can you please post that other receipe that Ida loves. (Goulosh) Hey, do we have a receipe box? Ask James Hubbard from Utah. Tell everyone Hello. I love you.
    Debb-Chico

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ya, the oil and Italian seasoning in the water. ok add that also.. haha.. Jamey and family came to visit on Easter Sunday for the day and we had a lot of fun. Jamey, Joey and Ally even went on a dirt bike ride as the desert is only a couple of short blocks from us. Roddy and family are coming this friday. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I post a recipe you can rate it, 1 star to 5 stars. most of the ones I will be posting i have made up. If not I will say where I got it. Hope you all like this added feature. Linda

    ReplyDelete